As Windows Vista release is getting closer, Microsoft releases more details on the ways Vista will work, here are some details on the fetures Vista brings to consumers.
For home users
Digital Photos - With Windows Vista operating system, consumers will have a simpler yet richer digital memories experience, with greater ability to enjoy, find, and share personal photos and video.
- Built-in support for the most common photo-editing tasks helps consumers produce great looking prints and videos.
- Easier backup tools and next-generation storage products will help them keep their memories safe.
- With Windows Vista Home Premium, consumers can view and show photos on their TVs and around their homes when their PCs are connected to the TV through a wireless router or Media Center Extender.
With the Windows Vista operating system, consumers can use their PCs to make the most of their digital music collections.
- With Windows Media Player 11, it’s easier to find and organize music content on a PC, a portable device, or even from an online service, with rich, contextual browsing and instant search.
- Windows Vista offers better playback with improved codecs for clearer sound quality.
- Users can utilize Windows Media Player or the Windows Vista Sync Center to synchronize their music with their portable music devices or portable media centers for maximum enjoyment on the go.
- Safeguarding content with Windows Backup is simple and automatic, with easier CD and DVD archival, and support for archiving to PCs and networked devices.
TV & Movies
With Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate, users will find it’s easier than ever before to find, watch, record, and save all of their favorite TV shows and movies on their PCs. Users can engage and view their content throughout their homes from Windows Vista Home Premium, on their TVs, through other Windows Media Center Extender devices, or on the go with a mobile PC.
- Users can watch live TV content or video-on-demand content through the Windows Media Center Online Spotlight.
- Users can view their favorite content on Windows Vista Home Premium, on a mobile device with synced content, or streamed through a Windows Media Center Extender device to their TVs or another PC anywhere in their homes.
- Users can easily back up content on recordable DVDs or on mass storage devices, protecting precious home movies, beloved TV shows, or whatever content they wish to keep safe.
New features in the Windows Vista operating system, when coupled with partner offerings, will enrich the overall gaming experience.
- Locate all their games in one easy location.
- Link to game sites as well as other gamers.
- Exercise control over which games their children choose to play.
With new and improved communications tools and platforms, the Windows Vista operating system lets consumers enjoy services to share with each other more easily and securely, whether at home or on the go.
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 lets users keep tabs on information from a variety of sources, with improved browsing, searching from multiple Internet search providers, and really simple syndication (RSS) subscriptions to their favorite Web sites.
- Windows Vista enables centralized syncing and storage across a wider range of devices and external hard drives, while simplifying the process of setting up a home network over a wireless router with Easy Networking.
- With Windows Defender and Windows Internet Explorer 7, users can confidently browse the Web while enjoying the multiple levels of security enhancements within Windows Vista, including spyware and malware protection; identity, data, and computer protection; and anti-phishing support.
The Windows Vista operating system offers additional ways for users to be more productive, providing them with simple tools to organize their information and perform common tasks.
- Users are able to conduct quick, extensive, contextual searches right from the Start Menu with Instant Search.
- Contacts make it easier for consumers to manage their personal connections, tasks, and appointments.
- Windows Vista features improved Web browsing and easily integrates with any online search provider, putting all the information users want at their fingertips.
- Windows Vista provides family safety settings that protect children from inappropriate Web sites and games and help prevent security breaches that result from computer misuse.