Tech ARP were the first to break the news on the release of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and the final RTM schedule of Windows XP Service Pack 3. Now, we will be the first to release the full details on Microsoft’s Windows XP Service Pack 3, which as we know will be available for manual update on April 29, 2008. That’s just a few days away!
Before we start, let’s take a look at what we have posted in the past about Service Pack 3 for Windows XP :
1. Windows XP Service Pack 3 will contain hotfixes and updates released since Windows XP SP2. It will also include an expanded set of product keys for Windows XP Professional that were originally introduced in Windows XP SP2c.
2. Microsoft clarified that there will not be any integrated SP3 release for Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows XP Tablet Edition. That means you won’t be able to buy or obtain a complete Windows XP Media Center Edition / Tablet Edition SP3 CD. In addition, users of Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows XP Tablet Edition will only be able to update to Service Pack 3 through Windows Update.
3. All languages will now be released in two waves. Earlier, Microsoft said that languages support for Windows XP Service Pack 3 will be released in three waves. What was previously identified as wave 2 and 3 have now been combined into a single wave 2.
4. Microsoft had to delay RTM for Windows XP Service Pack 3 to provide sufficient time to incorporate feedback from the beta testers.
5. Windows XP SP3 will be an optional supplement for OEMs.
6. Existing end item part numbers will continue to be used for Windows XP SP3. New end item part numbers are not being created for Windows XP SP3.
Due to the changes in language releases, here is the final release schedule.
Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish - April 21, 2008
Manual Update (Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center) April 29, 2008
Arabic, Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Swedish, and Turkish - May 5, 2008
Automatic Update (Windows Update) June 10, 2008